Everyone wants beautiful, younger-looking, and healthy skin. With technological advancement, there are multiple cosmetic procedures and treatments to obtain it.
Dermapen is the latest technology available in the market that helps to treat skin issues. Microneedling therapy helps to treat skin issues like wrinkles, stretch marks, under-eye, and many more with no pain and downtime.
Let us learn more about this new microneedling technology.
What Is a Dermapen?
Dermapen is a micro-needling procedure on the skin with zero downtime and pain. The treatment encourages natural collagen production and is scarless. It helps to rejuvenate the skin and improves the overall appearance of your skin.
This advanced treatment can help you treat stretch marks, acne scarring, scars, wrinkles, and pigmentation.
Uses of Dermapen
Dermapen can help you with the following:
- Improve wrinkles and fine lines
- Tightens, lifts, and rejuvenates sagging skin
- Brightens your skin
- Reduces stretch marks
- It can help with smokers’ lines that form around the lips
- Reduces acne
- Improves large pores
The treatment is quite effective and safe. The procedure is usually repeated every 4-6 weeks.
How Does it Work?
Dermapen uses fine needles. The needles create tiny punctures into the surface of the skin. And these minute punctures create wounds that further trigger the natural healing process and help new cells to form. The new cells replace the old cells, and the dead and damaged skin gets dissolved. And the formation of new cells, new collagen, and tissue growth results in rejuvenated skin while repairing itself.
It is a non-invasive, painless cosmetic procedure that leaves you with brighter and firmer skin.
Here are some of the facts about Dermapen:
- It is a cosmetic procedure.
- It is non-invasive and pain-free.
- The treatment procedure is safe for healthy people.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers should avoid this.
- One sitting takes around 1-2 hours, depending on your requirements and skin condition.
- It gives you rejuvenated, firmer and tighter skin.
Dermapen technology is pretty new compared to other advanced treatments like chemical peels and laser treatment. And the procedure uses needles; therefore, the interest level is high in understanding how it is done.
People have the misconception that it is a painful treatment as it involves needles.
Let us understand the procedure followed:
First of all, any makeup applied on the skin is removed, and then it is cleaned properly. After that, the skin is disinfected, and a serum, hyaluronic acid, is applied to hold the water.
In the next step, a numbing/anaesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area to numb the skin; though the procedure is painless, it is still given for zero pain.
After that, the Dermapen treatment is given. Tiny punctures are made on the skin’s surface using the needle—the wounds created by the needle help generate new cells and collagens.
The treated area gets heals on its own, giving you rejuvenated, glowing skin.
What Are the Benefits of a Dermapen?
This new technology offers several benefits. It is quite effective in removing scars and imperfections on the skin. The procedure is highly beneficial in improving overall appearance, skin tone, and texture. And it also works wonderfully in reducing stretch marks.
Some of the other benefits of Dermapen are:
- It transforms your skin.
- It may improve the circulation of blood.
- It can increase collagen production.
- It can work on all skin types.
- It is a scar-less procedure.
- The healing process may be faster.
- No downtown. You can do your daily work almost immediate.ly after the procedure.
- It can be used on any body, like the neck, face, mouth, scalp, and stomach.
- The procedure is pain-free.
- It can treat several skin conditions like acne, scar, pigmentation, and stretch marks.
How Long do Dermapen Results Last?
If you take good post-care, Dermapen results last for around 4-6 weeks after your first session. The subsequent sitting can last from 8-12 weeks.
Mostly it requires 2-3 sittings in a year.
The aftercare can help the results to stay longer. It includes:
- Staying active
- Avoid direct sun
- Eating nutritious food
- Follow a balanced diet
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated
What Are the Side Effects of the Dermapen?
The Dermapen procedure is safe and effective. However, some discomfort includes itching, stinging, and erythema which usually goes away in a couple of days.
Nursing and pregnant women should avoid this treatment. You should consult a professional before taking this procedure.
How Much Does the Treatment Cost?
Several factors determine the cost of Dermapen treatment, such as the cosmetologist you pick, their experience, the area of the clinic, the treatment required, and the number of sessions required.
The price can range anywhere between $200-$800.
Bottomline: Dermapen Benefits and Costs
Dermapen is a cosmetic skin treatment that helps with multiple skin issues like acne, wrinkles, stretch marks, scars, injuries, and other skin problems.
It also helps tightens the pores, rejuvenate the skin, and improve the overall appearance making your skin look younger and eliminating the signs of aging.
Always take this treatment with an experienced and registered professional.
Disclaimer: This article is only a guide. It does not substitute the advice given by your own healthcare professional. Before making any health-related decision, consult your healthcare professional.
Editorial References and Fact Checking
- Iriarte C, Awosika O, Rengifo-Pardo M, Ehrlich A. Review of applications of microneedling in dermatology. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2017 Aug 8;10:289-298. doi: 10.2147/CCID.S142450. PMID: 28848356; PMCID: PMC5556180.
- Indian Dermatology Online Journal. (n.d.). https://journals.lww.com/idoj/pages/default.aspx
- Harvard Health. (2019, April 1). Needling your way to healthier skin. https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/needling-your-way-to-healthier-skin
- Puiu Bs, M. T. T. A. F., MD MD. (2018, September 6). A Comparative Analysis of Electric and Radiofrequency Microneedling Devices on the Market. JDDonline – Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. https://jddonline.com/articles/a-comparative-analysis-of-electric-and-radiofrequency-microneedling-devices-on-the-market-S1545961618P1010X/
- Microneedling: experienced hands can improve the face. (n.d.). https://www.aad.org/news/microneedling