We were born with perfectly functioning bodies. Our systems were in their optimal state, and we indeed were created to live healthier. And more active lifestyles throughout our lives.
However, things quickly begin to go way down when we either get diagnosed with the deficiency of some important nutrient or develop some disease due to the long-term existence of such deficiencies in our bodies.
But that is not all! Some healthy individuals also seem to take organic complex supplements to energize themselves and refresh their bodies.
Natural Vs. Artificial Nutrients
All-natural and organic food items supplement our bodies with these essential nutrients. When we get diagnosed with a deficiency of these nutrients, there is no other way to supplement our bodies with artificial resources. Other than food items to make up for the loss of these vital nutrients. 
Although artificial nutrients and supplements are not recommended for everyone out there. They seem to perform their job perfectly well when coping with the deficiency present in a person.
The reason behind this happening is the fact that supplements are ‘designed’ in a way that they work to make up for the loss of a nutrient. In contrast, the natural resources of these nutrients – fruits, vegetables, pulses, etc. perform this job in a very natural, slow-paced manner. This reason is also why we all are told to ‘eat healthy to stay healthy!’ 
However, some organic complex supplements are also present in the market today. They claim to work ‘organically’ and ‘naturally’ to perform the same job in the bodies of deficient people.
If you are as curious as we are to learn how these organic complex supplements work. And if they are indeed healthy for our bodies. Let us jump into the details to find out more about them!
What Are Organic Complex Supplements?
If we keep it simple – the meaning easily stems from the name. As they claim to be, organic complex supplements are ‘artificial’ sources of nutrients. But they have been extracted or produced through organic means.
This property of these organic supplements makes them free from hazardous or extra harmful effects. That may end up doing more harm than good once consumed. 
The concept behind creating these organic complex supplements is to provide as close to natural supplements as possible. These supplements reject the idea that everything should be subjected to chemicals and excessive processing. That strips off the natural essence of any product that will get manufactured. 
And so, organic complex supplements have easily become one of the most sought-after products by people of all ages nowadays. Their use is discussed in sections because these supplements do a lot more than they are given credit for.
Difference Between Organic Complex Supplements And Artificial Supplements
This section will perhaps solve all the confusions people have made in their minds. Regarding the usage of organic complex supplements.
Many people who are not aware of their organic nature simply shrug them off. And do not use them because the word ‘supplement’ appears to be synonymous with ‘artificial’ to them. 
However, this is not the case. Below is a list of reasons that will clear this confusion. And this will allow you to decide when you go to buy them the next time. Just read the label that says ‘natural’ or ‘artificial,’ and you will know what to do!
It is generally observed that ‘organic’ complex supplements are mostly extracted and produced from berries. Berries are both natural and organic.
Making supplements out of them does not require any sort of rocket science. Using simple measures to process them.
On the other hand, Artificial supplements are produced using completely artificial, man-made raw materials and ingredients. There is no way to determine whether anything that goes in them is natural or not.
However, it is obvious that artificial supplements do not include any significant natural ingredients from their looks.
Therefore, lesser processing and lesser exposure to chemicals is one way that easily tells that organic complex supplements are going to be lighter on the body! 
Difference In Effects:
While taking artificial supplements, it is seen that the effects are sudden and rapid. It is almost as if the body was waiting for these supplements to be taken in. And then proceeded to show their magic after that.
However, this is not the case with organic complex supplements. Although they work faster than the original ‘organic’ resources. That is, fruits and vegetables, their effects still mimic the natural ones. Because they do not work as rapidly as the artificial supplements.
These organic supplements show slow yet sure responses and effects once taken.
Lesser Side Effects:
Compared to people suffering from the side effects of artificial supplements. The rates of those suffering from the side effects of organic complex supplements are much lower.
It is almost like the natural ingredients harbor a protective response against the unwanted effects and thus, protect the body from those harmful effects that might end up harming and deteriorating any medical conditions if present in the body of such people.
Benefits of Organic Complex Supplements
As it turns out, there is more to the functioning of these organic complex supplements than just providing nutrition and ending the deficiency of particular nutrients according to which they are taken in the bodies of these people.
So, just read and find out how these organic complex supplements can help our bodies stay healthy, active, and fit in different ways!
Filling Nutritional Gaps:
Several people around us are unable to consume a healthy and perfectly balanced diet. These people may either be suffering from some serious illness or could be unable to consume any food due to several other reasons.
In such people, doctors and physicians usually recommend a blend of organic complex supplements either in the form of fortified food or drinks that could help them throughout the day by keeping their nutrient supply replenished for good. 
This ensures that such people do not run out of their required daily nutrient intake, even if they cannot eat normal, healthy food.
Great Power-Packed Supply For Women:
In the context of pregnant and breastfeeding women, organic complex supplements could be of great usage.
This is because both these categories of women require a constant and stable source of several vitamins, minerals, and other micronutrients so that neither their or their baby’s health gets compromised from the lack of them. 
Therefore, these women often take the help of organic complex supplements to cope with any possible deficiency related to Vitamin B12, Folate, Calcium, Vitamin D, and Iron.
Daily Nutrient Supply For Patients With Gut And Bowel Disorders:
Several guts and bowel-related diseases, such as Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, certain cancers, Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and Celiac Disease, could lead to malabsorption and resultant malnutrition in several people. 
For these people, organic complex supplements are a blessing in disguise. They help these people keep up with their daily supply of nutrient intake and make sure that their faulty gut or bowel does not come in the way of having them take their supplements healthily.
Best Food Alternative In Underdeveloped/Deprived Areas:
Several rural and urban areas lack several nutrients, owing to the absence of fruits and vegetables.
These areas could be either slum, deserts, drought-ridden areas, or just areas that do not have access to fresh and healthy food.
In such areas, if people depend on taking these organic complex supplements to cover up for their possible deficiencies, then they can easily keep up with their daily nutritional intake without any difficulty! 
Any Possible Side Effects?
Since organic complex supplements are always there for healthy and wholesome reasons, there is no chance that they would end up doing any harm to your body.
Experts suggest that people should not go way overboard when consuming these supplements. Better safe than sorry, right?
After all, they are not alternatives to natural food resources, so it is better to take them in a limited and cautious amount.
The only possible organic complex supplements’ side effect that could occur from the relentless consumption is the toxicity that results from overconsumption of these supplements.
Thankfully enough, there is no ongoing debate on the fact regarding the best organic complex supplements available in the markets today.
Any discussion that revolves around them only focuses on whether they are healthy or not.
Well, it seems as if they are healthy and indeed great alternatives to food for people who cannot consume them for whatever reason or need them for added nutrition in their diets.
However, apart from these people, they do not appear to be a great source of nutrition for healthy and normal people who just want to consume them for their sake. They may do more harm than good for such people, so it is better if healthy people stick to their diets to get all the ‘organic’ supplementation they need!
Disclaimer: This article is only a guide. It does not substitute the advice given by your own healthcare professional. Before making any health-related decision, consult your healthcare professional.
Editorial References And Fact-Checking
- Kioukia-Fougia, N., Georgiadis, N., Tsarouhas, K., Vasilaki, F., Fragiadaki, P., Meimeti, E., & Tsitsimpikou, C. (2017). Synthetic and Natural Nutritional Supplements: Health “Allies” or Risks to Public Health?. Recent patents on inflammation & allergy drug discovery, 10(2), 72–85. https://doi.org/10.2174/1872213X10666160923163700
- Bessell, E., Maunder, A., Lauche, R., Adams, J., Sainsbury, A., & Fuller, N. R. (2021). Efficacy of dietary supplements containing isolated organic compounds for weight loss: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised placebo-controlled trials. International journal of obesity (2005), 45(8), 1631–1643. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41366-021-00839-w
- Carmichael, L. M., & Pfaender, F. K. (1997). The effect of inorganic and organic supplements on the microbial degradation of phenanthrene and pyrene in soils. Biodegradation, 8(1), 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1023/a:1008258720649
- Rezaeiamiri, E., Bahramsoltani, R., & Rahimi, R. (2020). Plant-derived natural agents as dietary supplements for the regulation of glycosylated hemoglobin: A review of clinical trials. Clinical nutrition (Edinburgh, Scotland), 39(2), 331–342. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clnu.2019.02.006
- Ronis, M., Pedersen, K. B., & Watt, J. (2018). Adverse Effects of Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements. Annual review of pharmacology and toxicology, 58, 583–601. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-pharmtox-010617-052844
- Thiel R. J. (2000). Natural vitamins may be superior to synthetic ones. Medical hypotheses, 55(6), 461–469. https://doi.org/10.1054/mehy.2000.1090
- Reider, C. A., Chung, R. Y., Devarshi, P. P., Grant, R. W., & Hazels Mitmesser, S. (2020). Inadequacy of Immune Health Nutrients: Intakes in US Adults, the 2005-2016 NHANES. Nutrients, 12(6), 1735. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12061735
- Kominiarek, M. A., & Rajan, P. (2016). Nutrition Recommendations in Pregnancy and Lactation. The Medical clinics of North America, 100(6), 1199–1215. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcna.2016.06.004
- Gröber, U., Holzhauer, P., Kisters, K., Holick, M. F., & Adamietz, I. A. (2016). Micronutrients in Oncological Intervention. Nutrients, 8(3), 163. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu8030163
- Blumberg, J. B., Frei, B., Fulgoni, V. L., Weaver, C. M., & Zeisel, S. H. (2017). Contribution of Dietary Supplements to Nutritional Adequacy by Socioeconomic Subgroups in Adults of the United States. Nutrients, 10(1), 4. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu10010004